Whether you’re at a party, on a date, in a job interview, or just meeting someone new for the first time, revealing some fun facts about yourself can be a great icebreaker.
When you tell people these interesting tidbits of information, you become more human and more likeable.
But it can be hard to think of these things on the spot.
You may be asking yourself, “What are some fun facts about me?”
Do you need some examples of interesting things you might drop into a conversation?
You’re in luck.
We go one better and give you the facts – you just need to fill in the blanks.
With this list, you’ll never run out of ideas for good fun facts about yourself.
And there is no shortage of ways to use them…
…spice up your dating profile.
…make a fun game out of it with friends.
…create a more relaxed, open atmosphere in a work meeting.
…sprinkle them into a text conversation with your crush.
…make your resume more interesting to potential employers.
…introduce yourself with a bang when starting a new job.
…incorporate them into a speech you have to make.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Are you ready to come up with some fun facts about yourself?
1. My favorite cuisine is ___, especially ___.
2. The hobby that I could never give up is ___.
3. My favorite season is ___ because ___.
4. I have seen [insert favorite movie][insert number]times.
5. I support [insert sports team]and have done since I was [insert age].
6. My favorite ice cream flavor is ___.
7. My non-alcoholic drink of choice is ___.
8. My alcoholic drink of choice is ___.
9. The thing I find most attractive in a person is ___.
10. I mostly listen to ___ music.
11. I’m allergic to ___.
12. My pet peeve is ___.
13. I hate the smell of ___.
14. I’m most scared of ___.
15. I can’t stand the sound of ___.
16. People who [insert behavior or trait]really annoy me.
17. I don’t like how ___ feels to touch.
18. The most boring sport to watch is ___.
19. The word that most irritates me is ___.
20. The most stressful thing for me is ___.
21. I can play the [insert instrument].
22. I can speak ___ languages and ___ was the hardest to learn.
23. I can cook the most amazing ___.
24. I once [insert some amazing feat of skill or endurance].
25. I once made a ___ from scratch.
26. I can do a really good ___ accent. (Then proceed to prove it.)
27. I once wrote a book/short story about ___.
28. I can [insert something unusual you can do with your body].
29. I once played ___ in my school production of ___.
30. I ___ better than most people.
31. I have visited ___ countries in my life.
32. My favorite country so far is ___.
33. I first traveled solo when I was ___.
34. The scariest moment of my travels was when ___.
35. The most amazing place I’ve ever been is ___ because it ___.
36. My next trip is to ___.
37. I love travel so much because ___.
38. The one thing I always take on my travels is my ___.
39. When I go on an adventure, I like to [plan the whole thing / make it up as I go – delete as necessary].
40. The most remote place I have ever been to is ___.
41. I have ___ siblings.
42. I am the [eldest/middle/youngest] child in my family.
43. My [brother(s)/sister(s)] taught me that ___.
44. I have ___ dogs/cats/hamsters/snakes/etc. Their names are ___.
45. My fondest childhood family memory is ___.
46. I have been with my spouse/partner for ___ years.
47. We have ___ children. Their names are ___.
48. My parents/grandparents emigrated here in ___ from ___.
49. When I was ___, I [insert funny story about your childhood].
50. My family name means ___. (you can look up your surname here)
You may also like (list continues below):
- 250 Words To Describe Yourself: Find Your Perfect Adjectives
- How To Talk About Yourself (+ 12 Good Things To Say)
- How To Keep A Conversation Going And Avoid Awkward Silences
- How To Sound Smart And Speak More Eloquently
- How Much Personal Information Is Too Much When Getting To Know Someone?
- How Many Friends Do You Need In Your Life?
51. When I was younger, I had an imaginary friend called ___. He/She was a ___.
52. My childhood nickname was ___.
53. I have known my best friend for ___ years.
54. My friends would describe me as ___.
55. In my group of friends, I am considered the ___ one. (e.g. sensible one, creative one)
56. My friends and I most often talk about ___.
57. I have been a bridesmaid / best man / usher at ___ of my friends’ weddings.
58. My friends and I used to spend our long summers ___.
59. My friends once played an awesome prank on me when they ___.
60. I went on my first friends’ holiday when I was ___ and we went to ___.
Education And Work Facts
61. My favorite subject at school was ___.
62. My dream job is ___.
63. But when I was a child, I wanted to be a ___ when I grew up.
64. My first ever job was ___.
65. My first proper job after graduating was ___.
66. My most embarrassing job was ___.
67. The thing I like most about my job is ___.
68. I am a qualified ___.
69. I volunteer as a ___.
70. If I had my time at school again, I’d ___.
Random, But Interesting Facts
71. I’m practically addicted to ___.
72. The famous person who inspires me most is ___.
73. The most embarrassing thing to ever happen to me was ___.
74. I collect ___.
75. My guilty pleasure is ___.
76. The achievement I am most proud of is ___.
77. My idea of Heaven on Earth is ___.
78. The best advice I ever received was ___.
79. My first car was a ___.
80. I have never tried [insert food or drink].
81. I have ___ tattoos and/or ___ piercings.
82. If I had 1 hour to live, I’d spend it ___.
83. My favorite childhood toy was ___.
84. My favorite color is ___.
85. The most romantic thing anybody has ever done for me is ___.
86. I [do/don’t] believe in love at first sight. (delete as necessary)
87. I spend far too much money on ___.
88. I have broken ___ bones in my body. I broke them ___.
89. My celebrity crush is ___.
90. My first thought when I wake up in the morning is normally ___.
91. My earliest memory is ___.
92. If I could live in any other era of history, it would be ___ because ___.
93. I would most like to learn how to ___.
94. The thing I love most about me is my ___.
95. My worst habit is ___.
96. My favorite artist / form of art is ___.
97. If my life were made into a film, I’d like ___ to play me.
98. If I could live anywhere on the planet, it would be ___.
99. I am superstitious about ___.
100. I [do/don’t] believe in extraterrestrial life. (delete as necessary)
101. I once met [insert celebrity].
There you have it, 101 examples of fun and interesting facts about yourself that you can tell other people.
So, no more straining your mind trying to think of something to say when people ask to know more about you.
Now get filling in those blanks!